Biblionef France was the first to be founded in 1989. Biblionef has subsequently developed into a network of international aid organisations with the same aim: 'To promote the cause of children in disadvantaged areas to develop themselves and in doing so, their own country.'
All the organisations use the name Biblionef, but are legally and operationally independent. Apart from France, there is a Biblionef organisation in the Netherlands, Belgium, Surinam and South Africa. Soon a Biblionef Nicaragua will be established to offer children's books in Spanish.
All Biblionef organizations have by now distributed over 3,5 million children's books to schools, hospitals, orphanages and library projects.
UNESCO, UNICEF and the Council of Europe have acknowledged Biblionef.
Biblionef South Africa is part of an international network of 5 Biblionef organisations in Suriname, the Netherlands, Belgium and France. Please find their contact details below.
P.O. Box 90407
2509 LK DEN HAAG
Tel: +31 (0)70 3140565
Fax: +31 (0) 70 3140571
Chairman: Jan van Tuinen
Managing Director: Mrs Aagje van Heekeren
Tel: +32 (0)323213934
Fax: +32 (0)320300637
Secretary: Marc van Hoey
E-mail : email@example.com
48, Bld. Diderot
Tel :+33 (0)143407610
Fax : +33 (0)143407624
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice chairman and managing director: Mrs Dominique Pace le Roy
Chairman : Mr Maximilien Vegelin van Claerbergen LL.M.
Tel & Fax: +597 323012
Vice chairman : Mrs Chantal Vandenbergh
Mrs Soearnie Soekirno, email: email@example.com
Mrs Lilian Lo Sam Sioe, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Biblionef's International Honorary Committee
- Mrs Maria Barroso, wife of former President of Portugal, Dr. Mario Soares
- Mr Etienne Davignon, former vice chairman European Committee, chairman of board of directors Société Générale de Belgique
- Mr Paolo Marzotto, industrialist from Italy
- Prof. Dr. Axel Michelsen, professor of Biology in Odense, Denmark, managing director of 'The Carlsberg Foundation' in Kopenhagen
- Mr Jean d’Ormesson, member of Academie Française
- Dr. Francisco Pinto Balsamaô, former prime minister of Portugal, chairman of board of directors of weekly magazine 'Expresso'
- Dr. Onno Ruding, Chairman CEPS, former minister of finance, The Netherlands, vice chairman of board of directors of Citycorp group
- Mr Hans Wiegel, former member of Upper House, The Netherlands, former vice prime minister and former Provincial Governor of the Queen for Friesland.